Advertisement is a promotional campaign implemented to increase the sales of a certain product or service.
The advertisement is channeled through different media outlets including newspapers, television, radio, billboards and the internet.
At times, it is referred to as mass promotion because it can reach a large number of people in a single message.
Because of fierce competition, many advertising methods and techniques are used by businesses and advertising companies to effectively attract the attention of consumers.
Moreover, business enterprises target their products or services to certain groups of individuals such as children, youth and the elderly.
Among the hundreds of advertising techniques that advertisers use, we chose the best 7.
1. State clearly the benefits. Ranking first among the creative advertising techniques, business enterprises are bold and straightforward in informing the consumers of the benefits they can gain from their products.
The media, especially television and radio are the most effective advertising medium for the message to reach a wide variety of audience.
2. Consider the Consumer Intelligence. Consumers are smart not to distinguish exaggerated claim from a fact. No matter what advertising methods and techniques used, the consuming public thinks wisely before making a decision.
They can either check the label, the experts or do some research before they are won over. As part of the best advertising techniques, many companies believe that consumer intelligence should not be undermined.
In contrast, they use it to gain an advantage by using facts.
3. Offer Premium items. Another advertising technique that effectively attracts consumers is the use of collectible premiums such as key chains and coffee mugs.
There are also movie props and accessories that make a great premium. What makes it more attractive is its being limited, hence people hurry to the nearest market or shop to buy the product.
When it comes to online business, streamers and banners brighten the web pages to inform the users of limited premium items that can only be availed through a product purchase.
4. Offer free samples. The objective of providing free samples is to establish a trust between you and the consumers.
Ranking fourth among the advertising techniques, the free samples given should not be spiced nor pimped up. It should be a free test or free trial so consumers can experience the benefits of the product or service.
5. The presence of endorsers. Celebrities are very good at convincing people. When it comes to promotional advertisement, they are effective in catching the interests, emotions and sometimes the reasoning faculty of their fans.
Advertising and business companies hire the services of popular celebrities because of their appeal to the public.
6. Targeting of Audience. Children are the major factor that compels parents to make a purchase of certain brands. Ranking the second among the advertising technique, audience targeting focus their products to individuals who are likely to develop an interest.
7. Emotional Appeal. Among the creative advertising methods and techniques, appealing to the emotions of consumers is the most effective. It works by reaching out to the emotional and rational capacity of consumers.