In previous articles (The Top 4 Rules In Affiliate Marketing and The Next Big Rule In Affiliate Marketing), we talked about five principles which when mastered would leap-frog one into the league of online super affiliates. This article looks to wrap up the first segment of affiliate tips but introducing the penultimate tenet of the 7 main principles of affiliate marketing.
As a top-end affiliate, one must focus on conversion at all times and situations. Conversion can specifically be viewed as a percentage; ie how many sales out of a 100 clicks to a product. For eg, if 10 and 200 subscribers purchase out of 500 receipts of a sales-letter the conversion rates are 2% and 40% respectively. A myriad of factors affect conversion and the only way to improve this statistic is to test, monitor and track traffic.
One should test out different strategies and at the same time execute tests on factors such as the following:
– Use graphics instead of only text on opt-in pages
– Would big headlines or smaller sub-headlines work better?
– Long or short opt-in pages?
– How to offer/send subscribers to different affiliate links and even owned products
On follow-up emails one can consider varying:
– Subject titles to hone in on receive and read rates
– One time and limited offers
– Bonuses wherever possible
– How and offer is presented be it in writing style, language or tone. One can also vary the auxiliary content associated with such offers. These could include money-back guarantees, refunds, more bonuses if conditions are met etc.
– Re-directing subscribers to affiliate links, video and audio material, content portal websites, blogs and other products
The above only comprises a short listing of the commonest elements good affiliates employ to evaluate performance. This is by no means exhaustive and preference varies from individual to individual. The key to success is hard work in figuring what tweaks one would need to have to ensure maximum conversion.